Checking your focus
Here are the basic steps to getting the most precise manual focus:
- Turn the focus ring until your subject sharpens.
- Switch your camera to live view mode (where the LCD is your viewfinder).
- Tap the magnifier button to zoom in on your subject, and use the arrows on your camera to move the area of view. (Alternatively, move your camera to frame the subject, and re-compose.)
- Fine-tune the focus until the subject is crystal-clear.
- Tap the magnifier tool again to exit back to normal view before capturing your photo. (http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-use-manual-focus-on-your-dslr-lens/)
Filming in the Dark